Saturday 5 January 2013

Tanzania to Kenya (experiencing some lion and cheetahing while zebra-crossing the border)





My final week in Africa did not disappoint. The wildlife of the Serengeti was on top form and gave us some extraordinarily lucky views of what it had to offer (pictures supposedly say a thousand words so I’m not going to write much). Descending into the Ngorongoro Crater was fascinating, and spotting some black rhinos, albeit in the distance, just topped off a superb few days of wildlife sightings before the final leg of driving up to Nairobi to fly home. Despite having our truck impounded for a couple of hours at the Tanzania-Kenya border, we made it to Nairobi in time for onward travel plans (after some tense negotiations to avoid paying an outrageous bribe) and I’m now writing from a cold and wet UK, where I arrived in the early hours of Christmas Eve.
















After a busy few days catching up with friends and family, the next and final stage of my adventures is beginning on 7th January when I am returning to work for Raleigh International, only this time in Central America. My role will be based at the Raleigh field base in Turrialba in Costa Rica, where I will be working as the Logistics Manager for three months, ensuring around 11 remote expedition teams across Costa Rica and Nicaragua are supplied with all the food and equipment they need for project work and trekking. It’s going to be a busy few months with so many teams on expedition, and should be a good opportunity to improve my Spanish too. I’m also hoping that by holding the budget for chocolate biscuit supplies people will have to be extra nice to me.

¡Hasta la próxima vez, desde Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment